Some things I'm thinking about:
1. Changing the blog up a bit. I'm getting kind of bored/tired of the old format and features I have going on so I'm going to experiment this month and take it easy a little. I may post less or post about different things to see what works for me and I hope you'll bear with me and give me your feedback! Is there anything I've been doing that you like that you want to see more of? Or that you don't care for?
2. My upcoming trip to SoCal. It's the first time I'll be traveling with Margaux without the aid of my husband and I've gotta tell ya, I'm starting to get nervous. Not that she's a bad traveler but it's nice to have someone share the responsibility. Then again I've seen plenty of people traveling with their kid alone so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll be sure to stock up on lots of snacks and have the iPad fully charged with episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba and games. Any recommendations for great games that'll entertain a one year old?
3. Getting serious about losing weight. I have a nasty habit of getting reallllll gung ho and then losing steam and tapering off. It's kind of embarassing. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I need to figure out how to suppress the part of my brain that enjoys eating because it really is one of the things I enjoy most in life.
4. Going back to work. The husband and I were talking and although we're not hurting for cash it's not as much fun to not have a second income. I won't go back any time soon, at least not until Margaux is in preschool and then we were going to see about me working at a school that she could go to as well. Originally we were thinking of homeschooling her since the public schools in our area are not the best but if I could get a job teaching art at a good private school that she could attend I think that would be pretty ideal.
5. My art. I have a show coming up for every month of the rest of the year except December and I'm SUPER excited about it! Actually if you live in the DFW area I'm featured in the RAW Artists August show! Tickets are $10 a piece and there will be a cash bar. This is a great way to support your local artists and check out some awesome artwork. The August show will also feature a short film and live music so it should be really fun. I would really love to see you and I'm super excited about it! Actually even if you don't live in the area but would like to show your support you can still buy a ticket! Just choose Pamplemousse1983 as the artist you'd like to support when you check out.
What's on your mind this week?